Saturday 21 September 2013

A Georgian House in Hidden in Shadows!



This is the kind of house I imagine for my new book, Hidden in Shadows, only of course in my story the house is much more run down than this beautifully cared for home. However, it is in the Georgian style, like the above house. I love Regency England and am excited to be setting my new book in one of these beautiful old houses. The style is so magnificent!
Doesn't looking at it make you think of a bygone era? It does me and it certainly does for my heroine, Jenna, when she first steps foot in her new house. Before long, she's seeing more of that time period than she'd care to when she's confronted by the ghosts of owners past. Don't you just love ghostly goings on! Of course, there's a lot more than just ghosts for Jenna to worry about...
I would love to live in a house like that in real life (just not with any ghosts!). Oh well, I'll have to settle with my imagination only (Sigh!). It's good to dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment